Travelling is often inconvenient at best, and a new kind of fresh hell at worst.
You’re displaced from your everyday surroundings and you no longer have the comfort of even the most simplest of your things; your notebook is in the bottom of your bag, but you can’t get to it without knocking the arm of the person next to you, and you’re too polite for that; you try to take a photo of something that you’ll need to remember later, but the flash goes off and you’re all embarrassed incase the other passengers think you’re taking a selfie; your pen is god knows where.
Thankfully, Google have introduced a nifty little app that will banish the aforementioned awkwardness from your life forever, and that’s Google Keep. If you’re an Android user, you may already have this free app installed but are yet to use it. iPhone user? Google Keep is also available on the Apple App Store for free.
Here are 7 reasons why this app is the greatest thing since everyone’s last favourite app:
- There’s a list that you can tick off – Lists mean that you know exactly how many tasks you have left for the day or can do a quick run through to make sure you’ve packed everything. Plus, what’s more satisfying than ticking off list items?
- It aids collaboration – More than one person is able to view and edit notes. You know the list you made earlier? Now your PA, who’s sitting at her desk back a base camp, can make sure your list is up to date.
- Helpful reminders – The app’s reminders feature makes this app your PA on the go, reminding you when you need to do something at a specific time.
- Useful dictaphone – Make like Alan Partridge and take down voice notes on the go to listen to later on, in the privacy of your hotel room.
- Search through your notes – Easily search through past notes and rearrange them into whatever order you want. You can also use #s to label and categorise your notes.
- Send notes to Google Docs – Copy and paste is a thing of the past.
- Combine note types – Keep photos and text all together in one place.
Imagine this. You’re on a train that’s racing through the countryside and you haven’t got a hope in hell of accessing wifi until you arrive at your hotel in three hours. Ping – you’ve just had a lightbulb moment. You can just get your phone out, type your note, attach a photo and set a reminder for 7pm. When you get to the hotel, said reminder buzzes to notify you to send it to whoever needs it directly from the app.
If you want to know what else is magic, check outClick Travel The new and simple way to book business travel… and it’s free! What are you waiting for?